I have lots of random things to talk about today…
1. I had such a good weekend! My dad and step-mom came down to visit for just the day from Northern California. We met my sister and brother-in-law at Cafe 21 for brunch down at Gaslamp. I would’ve taken pictures for you at the swanky, urban brunch place, but it was so dark in there they wouldn’t have turned out. Besides…I was too busy drinking my flight of mimosas! You heard me. They have really swanky brunch drinks. Their bloody mary has an entire sandwich skewered in it! SANDWICH! In a drink! Insane. Their flight of mimosas is bartenders choice of flavors…pomegranate, muddled raspberry, gingermosa…so many to choose from. The flight comes with seven. Yes please! After I was thoroughly filled with mimosas and their version of Benedict, we walked down to the Central Library to check out the beast. It was pretty epic. Glass elevators and all. Then we drove up to my new place (see #2) and had a little happy hour then sushi for dinner before making our way back to the airport. Whirlwind day, but so fun.
Sunday I was exhausted! So I managed to do nothing except for lounge around my place, lay out by the pool, take the girls out on the balcony so I can watch them very closely in case they discover they can jump on the roof, and have a little happy hour of my very own. Edy thoroughly enjoyed the succulents, as you can see.
2. I moved! I now live in a light filled place with plenty of windows in a new neighborhood (new to me, anyway) on top of a hill with all the features I was looking for. I can see the sunrise out of one window, and the sunset off my balcony. I can’t even tell you how happy this place makes me. I never want to leave. Guys…it’s a real home. Not some dumpy, dark, dank apartment in a crappy neighborhood where I lived before. I’ve moved way too much the past year, and I’m officially over it. I’m here for the long haul! The kitties love it, too. And really, isn’t that what it’s all about?
3. I need to start working out again. When I first moved, I started running around my neighborhood after work. Okay fine, I did it once. But I have high hopes! Now that we’ve had warmer days, I actually want to go running. I don’t have the perfect route yet, maybe if I plan that it’ll help. I was thinking of finding a 5K to sign up for so I have a training goal to motivate me. I’d like to do a pretty one. Like, one on Coronado or Balboa Park or something. Anyone know of any this year?
Or I’ll just continue to sit on my balcony after work and drink wine.
4. Speaking of wine…I decided this week to do a wine detox. To not have anything to drink this whole week. Monday through Friday only people, sheesh! You think I’m nuts?! I’m on Day 2, and so far so good. Although I do have plans to stay home all evening and write, so we’ll see how this goes. Here’s why I don’t diet or anything…the second I tell myself I won’t eat/drink something, I suddenly want it BAD. It’s a problem, I tell you.
5. I think I’m totally over coloring my hair. And it’s only been about five months. Guys, it’s expensive! The only reason I’m doing it is to distract people from the grey hair that is peering its ugly head. I really, really hate that. I also hate putting chemicals in my hair, though. And maintaining it. It’s for the birds, yo. I’m lazy. And broke (see #2). I can’t just be dying my hair for the rest of my life. It’s tough to be a girl!
6. And lastly…look where I decided would be a good place to park?
What is wrong with me??
Thanks for listening to my ramblings, hope you all have a great week!